Timekeeping is the sort of task that dentists, opticians, and veterinary employees find maddening. It’s a digital world! Drones are delivering packages, cars are driving themselves, and smart home appliances are arranging for their own maintenance. How can manually entering hours worked on a spreadsheet still be a thing?
Running payroll within HR for Health software
What if there was a way to optimize your timekeeping? Better still, what if you could keep a closer eye on your payroll budget with no additional effort? Digital timekeeping software is more than just a savings tool for your practice. With digital timekeeping, you have more time to focus on your true mission: patients.
Timekeeping Software that Works
HR for Health is committed to helping you save time, minimize risk, and meet your compliance obligations. While most timekeeping platforms leave timesheet edits up to management, the HR for Health time clock lets employees edit their timesheet.
That means when one of your hygienists or opticians forgets to clock in, they don’t have to ask you to fix their timesheet. They can correct their schedule independently instead of interrupting your day.
An employee-managed time report offers a variety of benefits. The manager saves time, but that’s not all. It also makes your timesheets more credible in court.
When employees handle the accuracy of their timesheets, it’s much more challenging to win a wage claim. If your practice requires employees to add, edit, and review their timesheets for accuracy, it will be less likely that your practice will be liable for errors.
Some systems only let managers edit timesheets. Having a system like that would make it easier for employees to win an unfair time adjustment claim.
With our human resources platform, you can automate timekeeping tasks so that they’re a self-service part of your workflow. Here’s why you should integrate a digital timekeeping platform like HR for Health:
- You can easily retrieve records from a comprehensive storage system
- A time-stamped audit log that verifies when and who made changes
- The automated approval process eliminates the need for manual corrections – employees simply make the changes in the system, and the software passes it on to the office manager for review and approval
- Team members can check their timesheets for completeness and accuracy on their own- letting you put in place a policy that holds employees accountable for accurate timekeeping
- Avoid unpleasant payroll surprises with overtime monitoring and same-day alerts
- A highly accurate timekeeping system – down to the second – that removes the possibility of errors and ensures that all time worked is accounted for
- Monitoring compliance with state meal period requirements – a frequent topic of Department of Labor complaints by employees
Recommended Reading Timesheets: Can We Discipline Employees Who Don’t Turn Theirs In?
Payroll Made Easy
Payroll is seamless with HR for Health’s timekeeping software. Our HR software quickly calculates all hours worked and vacation earned. It takes only three clicks to collect all necessary data into one report, which you can turn over for paycheck processing. The software can even handle reimbursements, bonus payments, and more.
Instead of spending hours of your office manager’s time on payroll, HR for Health’s software takes only minutes to finish payroll. A computerized and employee-verified system reduces the time spent on checking for errors. The result? Less precious time lost and fewer worries for you.
Compliance with Records Retention Regulations
Each state has detailed regulations concerning timesheet records. The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), a federal law, states that employers must retain payroll records for non-exempt/hourly employees for at least three years.
It doesn’t matter what format the records are in, but employers have to include certain details to maintain regulatory compliance. That means that for every technician, every receptionist, every practitioner, you must have the following information accessible:
- Employee’s name, social security number, and address
- Date of birth for team members under the age of 19
- Date and time that the standard work week begins
- Hours worked each day
- Total hours worked in each week
- Wage calculation method (e.g., by the hour, by the week, or by the project)
- Hourly rate of pay
- Total number of hours paid at the regular rate
- Total number of hours paid at the overtime rate
- All adjustments and deductions taken from the team member’s wages
- Total pay for the pay period
- Dates covered by the payment
- Date of payment
That’s a lot of information to handle if you’re still using manual timekeeping processes. Let HR for Health’s software keep the records you need to stay in compliance.
Contact HR For Health Today!
HR for Health is a human resources platform that assists with all aspects of timekeeping, including ensuring the accuracy of timesheets, compliance with requirements regarding record-keeping, and more. The digital time clock makes manual data entry a thing of the past – and it empowers your team members to manage their timesheets, saving you time and money.
HR for Health is ready to support you with the timekeeping tools your practice needs. Wishing there was a cure for your HR headaches? Grab a demo now to see the magic in action!